Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Change is in the air!

Look how big I'm getting!!
Tummy Time!!

My last Preemie outfit!!
I love my Bouncer!
I can hold my own Paci!
Well, with to selection of our new President Elect there is certainly a theme of "change" in the air, and our little Gianna is sure taking this premise to heart, changing everyday!! She has made great advances in the the past 2 weeks. She has reached 7 pounds, is now sleeping in her crib in her own room, has learned to hold her pacifier and she is enjoying tummy time and her bouncer, now that she finally fits in them! She has also advanced from Preemie size diapers and clothes to Newborn sizes. Also, she is really starting to focus on our faces and objects, this is so exciting to witness!! As my financially savvy brother would say....."she has crossed over from the red to the black and that looks good for the bottom line!! " This all falls on the week that she was expected to be born. Monday, November 10th was our expected due date!! I cant believe she would have just been arriving into our lives this week, we already know her so well and she is such a special individual, seems like her early arrival was truly meant to be now.

Speaking of Monday...it turned out to be quite a memorable day for me as I landed in the hospital even though I was not there to deliver. I had been feeling under the weather and was scheduled for my 6 weeks post natal check up. At this doctors appointment it was discovered that I had a large amount(2 cups worth) of my placenta left, so I was rushed to the ER for an emergency DNC. This procedure removed the remaining placenta and I spent 1 day and 1 night in the hospital, and was released yesterday afternoon. It has been a crazy ride since September 25th when we learned Gianna was coming early, but it has been worth every moment. Even through all my health problems I would do it all over again to have this precious child. It was so hard to be away from her in the hospital and it made me reflect on all we have been through. God seems to have a way of teaching us and I believe this has taught me to be a stronger mother and appreciative of life's gifts. And that is exactly what Gianna is, a gift, and I plan to treasure this gift for as long as I can, hopefully releasing her one day a well rounded individual! :) I must again say thank you to every one's love and support, we could not do it without such wonderful friends and family to help us along our way. We love you all!

6 comments:

Coldani Family said...

Jacks! Oh my, how scary!! Glad they got that out! What a roller coaster you have all been on. Glad all is well now!! Please let me know if you ever need anything!

Sara Parr said...

You are such a trouper and have such a good attitude!!! Gianna is one lucky babe!

The Badger family said...

She is getting so big. I am glad to see she is doing so well. Where did you get that thing she lays on for Tummy time? It is fabulous. I am going to need to invest in that for my next baby.

Nicole Scroggins said...

I can't believe how much she has changed already! She is so adorable and I can't wait to meet her. I can't believe you ended up back in the hospital! Scary! I am glad you are feeling better! Talk to you soon.

Brett and Camy Honore' said...

She is adorable. I am so glad your doing better. I hope my outfit still fits her when I get there :) its 0-3 months.

juliefaithwright said...

OMG... Brady has that little monkey preemie outfit... too funny!