Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, May 4, 2009

Jake Velloza 1986-2009



Yesterday, we received devastating news that Jarrid's cousin Jake Velloza was killed in Iraq. He had been in the Army for 2 years and this was his second mission to Iraq, his position was a 13F Forward Observer- Steel on Steel He was only was only 23 years old, far too young. He was recently engaged to Danielle and they were planning their wedding. He was due home in December. We will miss Jake so much and feel blessed to have shared many holidays with him. We last saw Jake on Thanksgiving in Pt. Reyes. He mentioned then that he would be deploying soon to a very dangerous part of Iraq where the causalities had been quite high, he said that he was nervous but there was not much you could do. He was a brave young man and sacrificed his life to protect ours. We thank him and will never forget him. We love you Jake!







4 comments:

Sara Parr said...

Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear :(

Lisa said...

Jackie and Jarrid - We are SO SORRY (!) to hear about Jake and are sending our love and thoughts your way. ~ Lisa & Loren

TheWives said...

I unfortuatly never got to meet Jake but I have heard so many great things about him. I am a friend of Danielle's and I cant imagine the pain all of you are feeling right now. I am an army wife and it tears me up because things like this remind you that it really does happen and what these men do really is dangerous.
I am sorry for your loss.

Michelle said...

We are so sorry to hear of your loss...Jake sounded like a great guy, who was very brave, and we thank him for the sacrifices he made to protect the lives of his fellow Americans. You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.