Well, it has been a very busy 2 weeks! First off, I had my first work related trip since being back from maternity leave. I had to go to Dallas for a week long meeting and leave my precious G behind. It was so difficult to say goodbye knowing that I would not see her for a whole week, but she was in very capable hands. Pommy came up on Saturday (June 13th) and stayed through Thursday morning and then Jarrid's Mom (Grammy) had her Thursday and Friday. I returned home late Friday night and could not wait to run into her room to peek on her. I resisted the temptation to wake her up but I did give her a big kiss on the forehead and tucked her back in her blankets. I swear she looked longer, she is growing so fast right now!! :) So, I survived the week and Gianna was in Grandma Heaven, so we both did well separated for the first time. But, I am so glad we don't have to do this often.
So Proud of Katie!! 
Gianna was really into the bread, Carbo Loading for the big race!
Secondly, Jarrid and I took a trip to Seattle with Gianna this past weekend to run the Rock n Roll Half Marathon. My dear friends Katie Lawrence and Jill Carli ran the Full Marathon with Team in Training, so we decided to support them and participate in the half. It was an amazing experience. Katie and Jill have been training for months and made us all so proud when they crossed that finish line after 6 hours of running and walking the streets of Seattle, they have some sore feet today, but they truly loved the event! Jarrid and I had been running here and there trying to prepare ourselves, but we did not know what to expect. We were very surprised that we ran the whole 13 miles and finished under 2.5 hours. There is something about the energy of all the people involved and the fact that people are cheering you on every corner that makes you want to keep going....it was so fun. I cant wait to do another one. I don't know if Jarrid would agree, he is still pretty sore today! :) Gianna had a blast too. Katie's sweet parents watched her while we did the race, they took her to breakfast and she had pancakes for the first time which she loved. She enjoyed all the people watching while walking around the streets of Seattle, and she frequented a few pubs and restaurants where she enjoyed many a bread basket! On the airplane she was a perfect little traveler, I think she liked the noise and the movement. So overall it was a very successful first family getaway. We loved Seattle and hope to return one day to take in more of the sights and scenery, it is a beautiful city.
sorry, these are off the race website so they are tiny!



There were tributes to MJ everywhere....

Pike Market Place...
celebration dinner after the race! 



1 comment:
Congrats again!! Half marathons are so fun, let me know if you do another one!
Post a Comment