On Saturday I had to turn in my CCI puppy Yvette who I have been raising since she was 7 weeks old. I brought Yvette home on January 10th 2oo8, so I have been raising her for about 16 months. The puppies live, work and play with you for 16 months and you are responsible for basic training and socialization. She went to work with me everyday and traveled with me everywhere, she had truly become my companion. Turn in is the next step, this is when the pups are returned to CCI and enter advanced training. Here the dogs will be analyzed and trained to see if they would make a good companion dog for a disabled child or adult. They are tested on various commands and their overall demeanor for about 6 weeks, with no contact from us. After this we will be notified as to whether or not she passes. If she does not pass she may be selected as a breeder for CCI or she will be released and we can keep her! I actually have mixed emotions on this, I really want her to do well and help someone in need, but I really would not mind having her as a pet! I think my brother's family may keep her if this is the case, and we will have visitation rights of course!! :) It was a special day but also very sad to say goodbye.
She was a brave pup from the start...
at the ceremony, I think she was sad too....
Her whole family came....from the left:Yvette,her grandma, her dad and sister...
getting her picture taken...
Yvette and her sister Yazmin
a working picture
Avi and me on the ranch All of us doing the Dairy Tour...
My long lost brother Adrian....
We went to Brunch at the Valley Ford Hotel!!!
My long lost brother Adrian....
We went to Brunch at the Valley Ford Hotel!!!Check out the menu....http://www.rockeroysterfellers.com/
The restaurant is called Rocker Oysterfellers and the food is amazing! Come visit and we will show you what great southern style food is like in Valley Ford compliments of Chef Brandon.




No comments:
Post a Comment