Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Davis - one month!

Well, Baby Davis had a rather unusual first month of life, most of which was spent in the hospital with Gianna at UCSF.  He was such a trooper, nursing and sleeping in loud waiting areas and busy hospital rooms.  We slept in 3 different hotels and he had no schedule or structure, but he did great!  He is a pretty mellow baby and really only fussy when he is hungry.  And boy does this guy like to nurse, such a boy, into the boob at a young age!! haha! He is really starting to engage with us now, which is a lot of fun.  Certain things, like lights and reflections, will keep his attention now and he follows us in a room and gives us little smiles which I just love!  He is different from Gianna in many ways too, he loves to be rocked and cuddled, Gianna wasn’t much of a cuddle bug, and he is not into the paci, even though I keep trying!!  His eyes are still a gray/green/blue so I think they are going to be more like Jarrid’s green/blue eyes.  His dark hair has fallen out and lighter blonde seems to be coming in.  I think I am going to end up with 2 blonde kids!! So funny to me! He is doing some longer stretches at night now, usually going down around 9 or 10pm and then up around 1am and then 5am, and then 8am.  So I am starting to feel less drained.  Now that we are all home it’s been great to settle in as a family of 4!  Gianna loves baby Davis and when he cries she proclaims “Baby’s in trouble Mommy!”  And when I am done nursing she says. “Ok Mommy, can you put the baby down?!”  She still likes to help and will grab things for me and put diapers in the trash.  It’s great to have an extra set of hands!  

We are looking forward to Christmas and continuing to get back to our normal more boring way of life! J

Davis at 2 week check up: 11/14/11
weight: 10 pounds
height: 22 inches
head: 14 3/8


the beginning of a beautiful relationship!! ha!
meeting Papa Dell


First bath 11/25


one month 11/26
sleeping like an angel in the hospital with Gianna


one of our many mornings at the Hyatt

spending the day with Daddy and G

such a trooper, always on the go!!



No comments: