Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Davis Charles Bordessa's arrival...


On October 26th, Davis decided to make his appearance earlier than planned.  My water broke at 1:30am (which is pretty gross by the way!) so we quickly got our bag together and headed over to the hospital.  We were admitted around 2:30am and my contractions started immediately.  I finally got a taste of what real labor feels like, since I had nothing like this with Gianna's birth.  My contractions started to move 3 minutes apart and were very strong so they ended up giving me a shot at 4am to stop the contractions.  We waited for my doctor to arrive and the surgery team to assemble and by 5:30am I was on the table ready to go.  At 6:09am Davis Charles Bordessa officially arrived.  One of the most memorable comments made by my doctor was" oh my goodness what cute ears!!"  I could not wait to see him.  In a c-section you see nothing until the baby is cleaned off and weighed.  Jarrid was able to peek over the curtain at the very end and saw him coming out and then he was able to go over and cut the umbilical cord and check him out, so special for Daddy.  Then they brought him to me and I was able to hold him.  This was an amazing moment for me, with Gianna they gave me quick look and then she was whisked away to the NICU and I remained in Intensive Care for a day before I was able to see her again.  This instant connection with Davis was really special and a moment I will always cherish.  The first thing I noticed when I saw Davis for the first time was his flat smashed nose I guess he had moved down into my pelvic bone area and his nose was smashed flat, so at first I was like” who on earth does this kid look like!!!"  But literally within 8 hours of his birth he looked like a completely different baby, and he has a nose now very similar to Gianna.  We looked at some of Jarrid's baby pictures and Davis is a spitting image of his father, so very cute!!  So he is sure to be a handsome boy! :)

Gianna is doing very well with the transition, she loves “baby Davis” as she calls him!  We have been able to keep her daily routine of preschool and My Little Farm pretty much the same so I think that has helped.  She loves to check on him and make sure he is getting “good milk from mommy” she is too cute.  I am going to love watching their relationship grow!!

We had a great experience at Memorial Hospital in Santa Rosa, the nurses and doctors took excellent care of us.  We stayed 4 days to recover and now we are enjoying being home and getting settled in as a family of 4.  My Mom has been here to help and honestly I don’t know what I am going to do when she leaves, her support has been incredible!!

Here are some pictures from the BIG Day!

Gianna wearing her Big Sister shirt meeting Baby Brother! She had a popcicle every visit, she loved it!!
last pictures of me pregnant

and from the side! ha!

At hospital checking in, more water breaking as I stand there, seriously!! yuk!!!

Lets do this!!!

Like a day at the spa, ya right!!

He's here!!!  8 pounds 3 ozs, 20 inches

cutting the cord

our new addition

see the nose!!  poor guy, that must of been uncomfortable down there!

meeting Uncle Mitch and Cousin Dylan

Cousin Savannah

heading home!


one week old

2 comments:

Meghan said...

Oh, I LOVE his name! How cool that you can honor your maiden name that way. It sounds like a fairly quick and relaxed labor story to me. I'm so glad that Gianna is adjusting so well to her role as big sister too. Such a beautiful family. Enjoy these days!

Sara Parr said...

Great pics and post! Love the one of you guys checking in :) So amazing how malleable they are, even in the face :) Can't wait to meet him!!!