Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, October 17, 2008

3 weeks old!!


Yesterday Gianna turned 3 weeks old!! It has been a wild 3 weeks but all worth it to see this face!! I think she loves being home!! We had her first doctors appointment yesterday and she has gained one ounce each day that she has been home with us bringing her to a grand total of 5 POUNDS 3 OUNCES!!!!! We are so proud. Our doctor said this is great progress and we are doing a wonderful job which made us feel much better. She will have another weight check next Thursday so I will provide another update at that time! She is getting more adjusted to to her days and nights. Last night she went to bed at 11:30 and slept until 3:00am, fed and back to bed until 7:30am!! It was wonderful! We were very happy when the alarm went off for Jarrid at 6am and she was still out cold, I got to lay there quietly for another hour and a half...beautiful!! The first few nights she had her days and nights mixed up, and as soon as it got dark her eyes would POP open and she had difficulty settling down in the dark with no noises. She had become so accustomed to the NICU where it is bright all day and all night with lots of noise and commotion, so I think the darkness startled her a little, but it seems to be getting better now!!

3 comments:

Sara Parr said...

Go Gianna, you little fattie you.

Nicole Scroggins said...

Jackie I am so glad to hear she is doing so well! She is just the cutest little peanut!

Anonymous said...

She is so cute. I can't wait to meet her soon! Good to chat with you yesterday! I miss you. I am glad you and baby are doing well@